Wednesday, December 28, 2011

On a very important topic



This is a hard blog to write, as so much in my own life seems to be changing. So much of my own life seems to be turned on its head. I am hopeful though, hopeful that good things are coming and that fresh starts are just what the doctor ordered.


Because of struggles in the past, I made a promise to myself that this blog would not contain facts about my day to day life, and I don’t want to frighten any readers. I AM okay. This blog (unlike my Facebook and Twitter accounts) is completely public. For this reason, I feel almost obligated to post this message here.  I want a lot of people to read it.


Somebody out there cares about you. Your welling-being affects at least one, if not many, many others. Let that be enough. Let that be enough to motivate you to make it. Let it be enough reason to get help. Let it be enough to force you to be truthful about your pain—to be truthful about life. Let be enough to make you look for the beauty in yourself. People, who you don’t even know, might love you. People, who have never before shown interest in your happiness, might stay awake at night thinking about you. You just don’t know who your sadness causes to be sad; there is no way to know. Do everything you can to be healthy and do everything you can to joyfully thrive. Those to whom you matter deserve it. Learn to love yourself, not to do so is ultimately selfish. If you have trouble understanding how to do that, ask someone to help. Take all the help you can get. There’s no shame in needing hands to hold. Somebody out there cares about you. Let that be enough

2 comments:

  1. Cathleen....beautifully said and oh so true! Humans must have interaction to survive. You cannot live without affecting others, especially your family and close friends. You've been blessed with so many people that care about you and it's insightful that you realized how much your happiness is important to them. Give yourself some credit for this awareness as it usually doesn't appear until a later age.

    ReplyDelete